Monday 5 November 2012

HOLY CHRIST I'M NEARLY 21


growing older is no excuse for growing up
Picture via this guy:

I really hope making this blog isn't a midlife crisis. Because 41 and 364 days would be a rubbish age to live to. I'd never get to live to be the meaning of life, the universe and everything. But, I can't imagine being 21. It was always so far away. Now its wednesday. I have 27 hours left of being able to use being a kid as an excuse for things I do. I won't have the sparkle of Christmas, the scariness of Halloween, the magic of Bonfire Night. 

No. Wait. I will. I'm going to be exactly the same person, just with the ability fly a helicopter, be an MP, or drink in the USA. Just because I'm a year older, doesn't mean I have to be a year wiser, a year more sensible, or a year more professional. Growing older just means knowing when its appropriate to act like a small child. This guy:
 (Picture via this guy)
has the right idea. You shouldn't have to give up being a kid just because you are a grown up. You shouldn't have to give up on being a pre-teen just because you're not a teenager any more. You shouldn't have to give up on your dreams, just because you have a job and a house and responsibilities. 
As the great Bob Monkhouse once said: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. "

No comments:

Post a Comment