Thursday 27 December 2012

The 12 sofas of Christmas

We're in that confusing time of year, between Christmas and New Years Eve when:
-We all have absolutely no clue what day of the week it is (its Thursday, right?)
-According to adverts, we need to get a gazillion sofas because they're a bit cheaper
-According to my true love, I need two turtle doves and a partridge
-According to mum, I really really want to try the turkey cheesecake, or turkey smoothie, or other such turkey foodstuffs
-According to Wikipedia, its the feast of Stephen (which reminds me of a joke;
Q-How does Father Christmas like his pizzas?
A-Deep-pan, crisp and even
-According to the TV scheduling people, I need to watch a show about tap-dancing dogs, and Disney's Sword in the Stone (actually, both of those sound appealing)
-According to customers at work we all need to get so drunk we don't know what we're doing
-According to me, we should watch rubbish TV, do enough work that I feel I'm on top of it, but not enough that I work up a sweat, and 'help' the family with the tough task of eating all the sweets, drinking all the spirits/beers, and being merry (or Mary if I'm feeling in a panto theme)

Merry Christmas(plus or minus a couple of days)

No comments:

Post a Comment