Monday 31 December 2012

The most middle of 2012

After watching a video by the hilarious Wheezy Waiter:

I had a think, what would I rate as the most middle things of 2012?

Film
I quite liked 'The Watch' when I went to the cinema. It wasn't the greatest film I've ever seen, but the jokes were funny, the actors were alright, and I felt I got my moneys worth of jokes and story. Its not going to win awards, but its not going to win any razzies either
Photo from this guy

TV Show
This was a hard one to choose, I found Breaking Bad very average, but its not really from this year, so not sure if it should count. So I'll have to go with the new smegging season of Red Dwarf on Dave. It was OK, better than the latter series and the horrid Back to Earth majobby. But it was no-where near the quality of the original four series. 

Band
I'm undecided between Rita Ora and Fun. (I have no idea why they have a full stop after the name, thats silly, punctuation shouldn't be messed with). Rita Ora seems to be a 2012 Gwen Stefani. Her songs are ones I can put up with when they're blaring out at work, but I wouldn't go to see her if she played Sheffield. Unless it was free, it seems I have no limits to who I'll listen to if its free (Jedward, The Saturdays, Craig David, Joe  Mcelderry- please don't judge :/)
Fun (± the full stop) seem like very generic indie pop, the kind of thing I know I should like, but find it very...meh
Song
Gangnam style-Yeah, its funny I guess. oh look, someone miming to it in a hilarious way, thats quite funny. Oh look, its being played on the radio, most the humour is in the video, but I'll let it pass. Oh, its being played again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again

"Play any song a billion times and its starts getting annoying. Apart from he-mans cover of 4 Non Blondes' song 'Whats Up', thats always funny"
-Me


Whats your most middle of 2012?





No comments:

Post a Comment